Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Randomosity...

Well here I am, at work, as always... Trying to not lose my mind. Oh trust me, I have plenty of work to do. That doesnt always mean I want to do it.

So anyway... Zech and I have been making plans about the upcoming months. They include many many things. First, and foremost, we want to extend an invitation to all close friends & family to make the drive to Killeen this year for Thanksgiving. I know its a bit out of the way, but Zech and I have missed the last 3 sets of holidays together and we have decided we would like to host it at our house this year, to do something special. We have more than enough room (finally) to have a good handful of people over. This could be the last time for a while that we actually have a large enough house to do anything.

We are also hoping that sometime closer to the end of the year we can take a mini-vacation. We are thinking either of our orginal plans of taking a cruise, or flying to Georgia to go see my cousin. I think we are starting to lean more towards the latter of the two ideas just because it would be easier on our savings. Im excited either way.

Zech is starting to make more progress on his transition out of the Army. Its been tough the last couple of months with about 3-4 other NCO's leaving or getting out as well. It leaves Zech picking up a lot of the slack and taking a lot of the time he needs to take his classes and do his necessary paper work to get out. But things are moving along slowly but surely. He is still scheduled to get out in mid- to late-November. We wont be moving to Houston until January still, but this gives me time to work overtime through the holidays here at the college in Killeen.

We are going to Houston next month to start looking at housing, to take a tour of the UTI campus, and to just scope out the area for jobs and such. From there, we will drive down to Corpus Christi to see my new baby nephew who is due in the next couple weeks! I am so excited to be an aunt times two!!

Well thats about it for now, I thought I would just write a few random things!

No comments: